Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Love Letter to Ikea

 I mainly wanted the ill fated Ikea wall shelf so I could move all my knitting books out of the craft room to free up some room. I've got a million knitting books and I love them all.


 After taking all the books out of the living room shelves and rearranging them I found I actually had plenty of room for the knitting books. Imagine that.



 Now I have a whole empty shelf so I can declutter those soap supplies. I never do anything halfway it seems. Look at all that stuff. Shameful. This is what happen when you retire with a good pension AND then on top of that you get your Social Security. That little system creates old hoarders. All of a sudden after a lifetime of scrimping and saving I've got more money than I know what to do with.



Speaking of money, even though I knew that Ikea didn't have my wall unit, I went anyway and spent a cool $500 on whatknots. I've got new couch, chair and ottoman covers, new drapes, curtains, two giant flower pots, a new bedside lamp, two wall shelves,  and lots and lots of throw pillow covers. I also had a mighty good lunch. I had a huge veggie wrap and a big piece of apple cake for $6. I love Ikea. I could live there.

8 comments:

  1. That would be PERFECT. You could live in one of the little room set ups. Every night someone would come in and clean up your floors, dust your tables and get everything tidy. Then you could pop over to the food stand and have Swedish Meatballs or Lutefisk and some crepes with cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for you! I have never been to IKEA! I need to save up and take a day trip!
    Be sure and post the updated room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up! Ikea is a fun place...I always end up with 50 things I wasn't planning to buy...that's why I don't go very often....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same issue with IKEA. The closest one is 400 miles away. When I finally go, I spend the entire day there just wandering through and then I end up buying many, many more things than I had planned to. But I do love IKEA. It sounds like you got some great things and I'm looking forward to seeing them in your home.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ikea is the best! I need about $1000 and I can completely redo my bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't been in YEARS. Know folks who adore the food there. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We read a crazy book this year: The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir Who Got Trapped in an Ikea Wardrobe, probably the strangest book I've ever read.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. IKEA is the best! Glad you had a lot of fun finding all of your wonderful finds.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete