Monday, December 5, 2016

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like....

 Not really. The leaves are off the trees but it still looks like fall to me.



My Camellia is blooming. Really. It's not warm but it's not cold either.



 In spite of the non-winter weather, I sent The Mister up on the rooftop to put the lights up this weekend. This might be the last year. He made me nervous up there. We are getting too old for this sort of thing.


 We put them on the deck too. That's safer.



I have to have my string drape across the kitchen window in the back. It looks stupid from outside but no one can see us anyway and it makes me happy from inside.



 The doggies and I helped. Kind of.



Pup hates her new sweater. We found it at Pet Smart last year at their end of year clearance.



No holiday doodads in the house yet. It still looks like this. Maybe next week. Maybe not. I've still got a lot to do. Two of the teams are going to perform in the holiday show on the 17th so it's crunch time.



7 comments:

  1. No lights outside here anymore...our house it too high and it scares me too. Love pups sweater. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have the lights go up....maybe it will help! Here's to making the deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still have leaves on the trees here and my camellias are just full of buds ready to pop out any day now. Looks like you are getting a little closer to winter than we are but we really don't have winter here. Just a long fall and spring and that's just fine with me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your kitchen lights! Hubby put them up on our patio, but I don't want him to fool with the big tree at the end of the driveway...we are getting too old too - lol. and nothing inside yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a winter wonderland so the forest got ready by itself. Perhaps the tree will go up in the house this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I'm scrolling through the your post as I read, enjoying the first 2 lovely photos and then I gulped. Made me nervous and I thought I was being silly and then I see you were nervous too. ha! Maybe you dont have the things you want out yet, but you guys seem pretty festive to me. And yeah that skate show is around the corner so I can imagine you're taking it on triage style! You're doing great! All the best to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOu are getting to old? You who spends hours skating and down on the floor sewing big parts of scenery? No way!

    ReplyDelete