Monday, June 5, 2017

More June Arrivals

 I've been keeping the delivery people pretty busy. I had a giant box from Knit Picks show up on Saturday. I've been getting the urge for more hooky adventures so I bought a set of their wood crochet hooks. I have one already and I really liked it when I was working on the Cozy Colours CAL.



 Since Aubade was a done deal I threw some more lace in the cart. It was a get one free promotion so why not?



 Socks to be, of course. Hawthorne in Sauvie Island and Italian Ice speckle.



 This was a boo boo. I thought it was Felici in sock weight but it was worsted.  I didn't know they even made a worsted version. I'll find something to do with it I'm sure. I really liked the colors.



The whole purpose of the splurge was to get more blocking mats. I knew what I had wouldn't be enough. More on that tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Just look at all those goodies! I'm going to have to check out those wooden hooks. I have the harmony interchangeable knitting needles and I love them. I like a sharp crochet hook though and I'm not sure if those are sharp or rounded on the ends. Love all of the yarn you chose too. My blocking mats are some I bought at a toy store with the letters in them. Not as fancy and pretty as the real blocking mats, but they do the job for a lot less money. And I'm cheap. Ha ha! Have fun.!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some wonderful projects in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Italian Ice Speckle looks like indie-yarn. I didn't know Knit Picks had such nice sock yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rec'd a box from them Sat. also and it sure puts a smile on your face! I love your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that Italian Speckle. I'm going to have to check that out. I wish I could use the wooden hooks but unfortunately Levi likes to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great editions. I've been keeping my mailman busy too! But it's mostly clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You let us peek at that incredible shawl as it blocks. OH MY!!!! It is a work of art. That worsted would make a great slouch hat I think. THe hooks are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. STOP!!! I, too am going to need more blocking mats. And, if I order from KnitPicks, I will HAVE to order yarn too. Love the Italian Ice Speckle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like KP yarn, too, and it comes from WA. Their blocking mats are fine. Ask me how I know?

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO much fun in the mail, you deserve it after the flooding mess.

    ReplyDelete