Monday, January 8, 2018

Blindsided

 I usually love Sundays because The Mister is busy with football all day and I get lots of me time but this was a miserable 24 hours. It started on Saturday night when I couldn't sleep. I was freezing no matter how many blankets I wrapped myself in. The sound of the heat pump droning on and on wasn't helping matters. It was only 6 degrees out and I had a bad case of the heebie jeebies all night long.



I woke up Sunday morning feeling very grouchy and in the early hours I thought I would get some sewing done while the rest of the gang was sleeping. Bad idea. I tried putting the mini quilt and a matching table runner together but I hated it all.



 So I put the snowflakes in time out and decided to get started on that penguin apron and of course I cut the material the wrong way so the penguins were marching sideways. Grrrr....this resulted in a major hissy fit but things got even worse.



It seems that the penguin material triggered a scary loss in vision for me. By the time The Mister got up I couldn't see a thing.  I was terrified. I should mention that I have a retina disorder called retinoschisis that makes me have these types of spells from time to time but this was the worst one I have had since I was first diagnosed several years ago. Every time I looked at that material I got vertigo. I had to spend the rest of the day in a dark room doing absolutely nothing which is torture for me. I guess my eyes are telling me they need a break. Being locked in the house from the cold for so long and only using my up close vision isn't helping. I am getting out of here tomorrow come heck or high water. Mother Nature better be cooperating.

13 comments:

  1. Oh No THIs is terrible. Im praying for you Pal. oh ick ick ick and scary

    ReplyDelete
  2. How scary! Hope that episode has quit by now and you can get back to doing something interesting. Being stuck inside with nothing to do is horrible.

    Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry-that is so scary! Yes, stress is a strong trigger...quiet knitting on vanilla socks or just lay back and listen to a book for a change. Rest, blog friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a terrible experience with your eyesight! Hope you are fully recovered and have a wonderful day out today. I live in Virginia and the last week and a half have been miserable because of the weather. I had been telling myself not to complain because, at least, we had no snow or ice to deal with. That all changed on Wednesday night and we still have snow in shady areas. Fortunately, the temperatures are finally on the upward swing. So many people were without power or dealing with frozen pipes or broken water mains. My heat pump has run nonstop and I actually called the company that services it to make sure I didn't need service. We have just never had such cold for so long. I am looking forward to some normal winter weather. Enjoy all your projects and am in awe of all you create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The penguin fabric is cute, but whoa does it make my eyes do weird maneuvers.

    I hope you're feeling better and that your vision has returned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I sure hope today's a lot better day for you! Sending lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that sounds scary and I can see how those penguins can do that. I get octicular migraines from time to time when my body is under stress of some kind. They are scary because I also lose my sight. I’ll be praying that you will soon be well and back to yourself. You are way too busy a person to be sidelined with something like that.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How frightening! I hope your eyes are better by now. Heal quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! Take care of yourself. Those penguins are cute, but they are definitely trippy to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's scary stuff Araignee. I can barely handle the fact that I like wearing my reading glasses more than anything else. I have to keep them next to my bed in case I have to read a text now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. By the way I love the penguins xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOu must have been so scared. I get vision loss with migraines and it scares me to death every time, but it doesn't sound anything like what you experienced. At least I know I will get some of my vision back in an hour, it will be blurry but not gone! Sorry about the sideways penguins, it is busy fabric, although really adorable fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm late to the comments, but still wanted to send best wishes for your vision.

    ReplyDelete