Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Out and About

 I said I was getting outside and I did. The Mister and I had a bunch of errands to run but in between them we decided to have some fun.



We drove past our favorite nursery and decided to stop in and see how the critters were doing in the cold. They seemed fine.


 It was in the 20's with a forecast of freezing rain but the alpacas couldn't care less. They are the sweetest things ever. I wanted to take them all home.


 Then things were not so fun. We were on our way to see Daddio when another vision attack hit me in the car. It was a bad one.  It was like someone was shining a bright light in my eyes. It was scary. Since Daddio's care home is close to my eye doctor's office at the hospital I gave them a call after I had a short visit with Daddio. They said come right away so off we went.



Good news is the tests didn't show anything scary. Nothing is detached. Whew. The doctor actually thinks I am having a type of migraine that has no pain just severe visual disruption that causes intense flashies along with blurred vision. It's a old person thing. Jeesh. Yet another reason to really hate this getting old thing.

11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it wasn't a retinal detachment. That IS scary.

    Hope the migraine thing clears up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been extremely scary! I've heard of ocular migraines but didn't realize that they weren't associated with the usual migraine pain. Glad you could be seen and reassured so quickly!
    The alpacas are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh brother, that sounds awful. My sister recently had a detached retina, and she said it was really awful and scary. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bittersweet news, I hope the optometrist gave you some tips on how to deal with the attacks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Deb!!!! Im so sorry. Troy had visual migraines in 2013 and 2014. As another friend who had them said, they come in bunches like grapes. Then they stop for a while. Troy's lasted on and off a few weeks. It is a weird phenomenon and not often written about so you are getting the word out for others. Wishing you healthy eyes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The alpacas are super cute. Extra fuzzy in the cold. I'm glad you were able to make it in to see your eye doctor.

    I was going to say that your symptoms sound awfully similar to some people's migraine symptoms and triggers. However I am unfamiliar with your previous diagnosis.

    Take with a grain of salt, but you and the husband were very ill lately and you've been doing some very eyesight intensive work. Give yourself a rest when you need it and stay hydrated (that is a trigger for my son and myself. though I will still try and have caffeine when I have one coming on, so you know I'm kind of useless with "advice") Just take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you could use more alpaca love now after the doctor visit. I usually get two to three migraines in a row, but then I am home free for a while. I hope yours are long gone, and stay that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ocular migraines still steal your time and are stressful if not exactly 'painful'.
    I hope you can get some relief soon. Wear some serious sunglasses to rest your eyes outside when outside or in bright lights.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad it's not horribly bad, but migraine, with out without pain, are no fun at all! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those sweet alpacas. I think I’ve told you before that I get ocular migraines, usually after my body has been under a strain or severe stress....like you were when you and the Mister were so sick.
    I get zig zag lines, kind of like the kaleidoscopes we had as kids. I lose my vision completely for a short period of time. Just this year I have begun having headaches afterwards which my eye doctor said usually happens after a time of having them.
    I just go to bed if I can until my eyesight returns and the pain dissipates. I am SO sorry you have them too. I hope you’re back to new again very soon.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very glad you don't have any detachments! As for ocular migraines being for old people; I've had them periodically since my twenties. Sure the doc didn't mean twenty was old!?

    ReplyDelete